Students in STARS
The STARS program living-learning community is composed of first generation, traditionally underrepresented, and statistically underprepared for college entry. Students in STARS are exposed to on-campus support services and faculty, which in turns creates a supportive network. The STARS program provides each student with a unique experience as Freshmen such as:
- being part of a Living Learning Community (LLC),
- building a network of friends
- taking courses geared towards academic success,
- increasing academic performance
- regular appointments with success coach
- stregthening maturity and personal devlepoment
- receiving a successful mentor
” STARS has helped me keep my studies in tact. I get more homework done at study tables than I do on my own.” Victoria H.
” STARS has done a lot for me academically and mentally. STARS has helped me stay on track with all of my courses.” Adrian M.
“STARS has given me a extra step to higher education, and is helping me continue on a path of higher education.” Elijah J.