Propose a Speaker Series Event
ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from faculty, staff, community members and community organizations. Community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit at least one of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how economic, political, and social systems operate now and have operated in the past
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information provided for hosts and prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
All Speaker Series proposals must be submitted via email using the proposal form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered. If you have questions or experience problems with the form, contact Kimberly Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-206-6245.
Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 Proposal Process & Proposal Form
Before beginning the proposal form process, all proposers must first read the
All Speaker Series proposals must be submitted via email using the
Fall 2020 & Spring 2021 Speaker Series Proposal Form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered.
If you have questions or experience problems with the form, contact Kimberly Craig at email@example.com or by phone at 217-206-6245.
Proposal submissions for Fall 2020 events are due by 11:59 pm CST on Wednesday, April 15, 2020.
Thursday, October 24, 2019 for events that will occur in the spring of 2020
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 for events that will occur in the fall of 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020 for events that will occur in the spring of 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021 for events that will occur in the fall of 2021