Propose a Speaker Series Event
ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from faculty, staff, community members and community organizations. Community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit at least one of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how economic, political, and social systems operate now and have operated in the past
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information provided for hosts and prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
Fall 2021 Proposal Process & Proposal Form
Before beginning the proposal form process, all proposers must first read the Speaker Series Proposal Instructions & Guidelines Form.
All Fall 2021 Speaker Series proposals must be submitted via email using the Fall 2021 ECCE Speaker Series Proposal Form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered.
If you have questions about the proposal process contact Kimberly Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 217-206-6245.
Proposal submissions for Fall 2021 events are due by 11:59 pm CST on Monday, April 19, 2021.
AY 2021 -2022
- Monday , November 1, 2021 for events that will take place in Spring 2022
- Friday, April 1, 2022 for events that will take place in Fall 2022