Propose a Speaker Series Event
ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from students, faculty, staff, student organizations, community members and community organizations. Students, community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit at least one of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how economic, political, and social systems operate now and have operated in the past
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information provided for hosts and prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
All Speaker Series proposals must be submitted electronically using this online proposal form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered. If you have questions or experience problems with the form, contact Chasity Bree at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-206-8171.
Fall 2019 Pre-Set Event Date Selections
Choose from the pre-set event dates below. Electronic proposal forms are due by 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, March 21, 2019 .
Tuesday – September 10, 2019
Friday – September 20, 2019
Thursday – September 26, 2019
Monday – September 30, 2019
Wednesday – October 9, 2019
Tuesday – October 15, 2019
Thursday – October 24, 2019
Monday – October 28, 2019
Friday – November 8, 2019
Wednesday – November 13, 2019
Monday – November 18, 2019
Thursday, October 25, 2018 for events that will occur in the spring of 2019
Thursday, March 21, 2019 for events that will occur in the fall of 2019
Thursday, October 24, 2019 for events that will occur in the spring of 2020
Thursday, March 19, 2020 for events that will occur in the fall of 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020 for events that will occur in the spring of 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021 for events that will occur in the fall of 2021