Propose a Speaker Series Event
ECCE Speaker Series welcomes proposals from students, faculty, staff, student organizations, community members and community organizations. Students, community members and organizations must work with a current UIS staff or faculty co-sponsor. The ECCE Speaker Series does not accept direct solicitations from speakers or their agents.
To be considered, your proposed event must fit at least one of the following ECCE themes of engaged citizenship:
- Recognizing the social responsibility of the individual within a larger community
- Practicing awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and peoples in this country and in the world
- Reflecting on the ways involvement, leadership, and respect for community occur at the local, regional, national, or international levels
- Identifying how economic, political, and social systems operate now and have operated in the past
- Engaging in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
- Distinguishing the possibilities and limitations of social change
Before you submit a Speaker Series proposal, review the detailed information provided for hosts and prospective speakers so you are aware of the roles and expectations associated with an approved Speaker Series event.
All Speaker Series proposals must be submitted electronically using the online proposal form. Proposals submitted in another format will not be considered. If you have questions or experience problems with the form, contact Chasity Bree at email@example.com or 217-206-8171.
Spring 2020 Pre-Set Event Date Selections
Choose from the pre-set event dates below. Electronic proposal submissions are due by 11:59 pm CST on Thursday, October 24, 2019 .
Thursday – January 30, 2020
Tuesday – February 4, 2020
Monday – February 10, 2020
Friday – February 21, 2020
Thursday – February 27, 2020
Wednesday – March 4, 2020
Friday – March 20, 2020
Tuesday – March 24, 2020
Wednesday – April 1, 2020
Monday – April 6, 2020
Friday – April 17, 2020
Wednesday – April 22, 2020
Thursday, October 24, 2019 for events that will occur in the spring of 2020
Thursday, March 19, 2020 for events that will occur in the fall of 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020 for events that will occur in the spring of 2021
Thursday, March 25, 2021 for events that will occur in the fall of 2021