SGA Community Ally Award
This award is given to a member of the UIS or Greater Springfield community who has shown commitment to serving students by empowering them to advocate for themselves, giving students a voice in the community, or providing aid to an individual student or to groups. Recipients must be nominated by a student and must have demonstrated commitment to serving the students of UIS (student nominations should include at least one example). Nominations for this award are to be submitted through UISConnection to be considered by the Student Government Association with SGA determining the recipient.
- Recipient may be a member of the UIS community or of the local Springfield community.
- Requires a letter of nomination from a UIS student.
- The award recipient must agree to have their name and photograph publicized.
- The selection committee will be using the following criteria to make their selection:
|Campus Engagement||Takes the initiative to participate and support the educational, cultural and social development of the campus community. Enhances the quality of the student experience through their involvement with SGA.|
|Leadership||Demonstrates leadership through a formal or informal role on campus by motivating, persuading, and developing common purpose among others that promotes change while also engaging in skill development to improve oneself and their peers.|
- Year in school:
- What is the nominee involved in on campus?
- Please write a reference letter outlining how your student nomination represents the criteria listed above.
- How many years have you known the nominee?
- Would you like to be anonymous?