Outstanding Faculty/Academic Professional/Civil Service Award
This award is given to an outstanding faculty/AP/civil service member who has demonstrated leadership and has supported the UIS student body. If you know of any faculty/AP staff/civil servant who has dedicated time to assist with Student Government, student organizations, and other student-led initiatives, please take the time to nominate someone explain why they deserve this. Include how they have helped students and what is unique about their contributions to UIS. Nominations for this award should be submitted through UISConnection and will be considered by the Student Government Association with SGA determining the recipient.
*Faculty refers to professors, academic deans, etc.
*Academic Professionals refers to administrative staff, such as the directors of Student Affairs departments and professional staff employed in those departments
*Civil Service refers to employees such as food service workers, building service workers, secretaries, etc.
- Requires a letter of nomination from a UIS student.
- The award recipient must agree to have their name and photograph publicized.
- The selection committee will be using the following criteria to make their selection:
|Campus Engagement||Takes the initiative to participate and support the educational, cultural and social development of the campus community. Enhances the quality of the student experience through the development of programs and activities with SGA.|
|Leadership||Demonstrates leadership through formal or informal role on campus by motivating, persuading, and developing common purpose among others that promotes change while also engaging in skill development to improve oneself and their peers.|
- Year in school:
- What is the nominee involved in on campus?
- Please write a reference letter outlining how your student nomination represents the criteria listed above.
- How many years have you known the nominee?
- Would you like to be anonymous?