Resident Assistant Application and Selection Process
The Department of Residence Life Presents BRAnch Out: RA Selection 2018-2019
- Attend an Info Session – Just want to know more about becoming a Resident Assistant? These info sessions will allow you to come and ask questions from current RAs about the RA positon, qualifications, application, and interview process. We encourage all candidates to attend an info session prior to applying! The info session dates are:
- Monday, February 5th at 6:30pm | LRH Great Room
- Tuesday, February 6th at 3:30pm | LRH Great Room
- Wednesday, February 7th at 6:30pm | LRH Great Room
- Thursday, February 8th at 12:00pm | LRH Great Room
- Candidate Resource Packet 2018-2019(pdf) – Contains important information on qualifications, application & interview timeline.
- RA Selection Timeline – Review all important deadlines and dates associated with the application and interview process.
- RA Application – Must be submitted no later than 5:00pm on Monday, 2/19/2018. When completing the RA Application, applicants must upload a cover letter and current resume. Instructions: Students will need to log into UIS Connection when applying.
- Apply on Career Connect – In addition to the application form on UIS Connection (link above), all applicants must also complete a profile via CareerConnect (requires resume approval from the Career Center) and apply for the “Resident Assistant” position on CareerConnect. Failing to do this step will result in an incomplete application.
- RA Selection Interview Process– Block off your calendar for Friday, February 23rd from 4-6pm. All candidates selected for an interview must attend this Group Process Interview as well as a 30-minute Individual Interview. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive an email with further instructions on how to sign up for an Individual Interview time. Individual Interviews will take place the week of February 26th – March 2nd.
Failure to complete any portion of the application or interview process according to the established deadlines may result in a candidate being withdrawn from consideration.
Should you have questions or concerns about the position or application process, please contact one of your RA Selection Committee Chairs:
Talor Mourning, Senior Resident Director | email@example.com
Victor Jia, West Resident Director | firstname.lastname@example.org