Guests and Guest Registration
Guests are a privilege and the exercise of one resident’s guest privilege cannot compromise the rights of roommates and neighbors.
Overnight guests are permitted with prior consent from all roommates. Guests are allowed to stay in University Housing no more than three days in two weeks.
Failure to comply with this directive can result in a financial penalty equivalent to 1-½ times the resident’s financial obligation for the semester. The University reserves the right to limit the number or frequency of overnight guests.
Guest Registration Requirements
- All hosts (assigned residents of the Residence Hall) must check-in their guests at the Residence Hall front desks (8am-2am) or with the RA On Call (2am-8am).
- All guests and hosts must provide a form of photo identification, from the options listed below:
- State Issued Driver’s License or ID Card
- Government Issued Identification with Photo
- University Identification Card with Photo
- Guests under the age of 16 who do not have a photo identification must have written permission from a parent or guardian approved by the building Resident Director prior to registering. Written permission must be submitted, and approved, for each visit; a blanket approval covering a large period of time will not be accepted.
- Guests will be issued a Guest Registration Card, which must be returned when leaving the building. The host must be present with the guest at all times, and when the guest checks-out.
- All guests are required to abide by the Department of Residence Life’s Community Handbook and Contract Terms and Conditions. Hosts are responsible for the behavior of their guests at all times.