UIC Nursing Students, Interns, Visiting Scholars, UIS Faculty/Staff and Guests
We welcome you to stay with us at UIS. The Department of Residence Life is pleased to offer housing options to non-UIS students including: UIC Nursing students, students who are participating in Internships or Fellowships in the Springfield area, Visiting Scholars, UIS Faculty/Staff and Guests. We are always available to assist you. Please contact us if you have any questions at (217) 206-6190.
Housing Options and Virtual Tours
Take some time to review our Housing Options and Amenities. To reserve your space on-campus you must submit a $250 security deposit with a hard copy Housing Application/Contract. This is a refundable $200 deposit and $50 application fee. You can submit your deposit via Credit Card, Money Order or Check with the Housing Application/Contract. The security deposit cannot be waived, nor deferred. It is not included in the cost of attendance Financial Assistance provides, and may not be covered by your Financial Assistance Award. For more details, please review our Terms and Conditions.
Single Student Housing: a private bedroom in a 4 bedroom, 2 bath furnished apartment. During the summer semester, Residence Life dedicates a specific area to summer housing. Therefore, student completing their courses or internship during the summer semester will reside in the designated court for summer housing.
Family Housing: there are limited housing options for Interns, Visiting Scholars, and UIS Faculty/Staff with families. Families are defined as a legal spouse, domestic partner, and/or legally dependent children under age 18. Families are assigned to 1 or 2 bedroom apartments, furnished or unfurnished.
- Note: Due to the size of the units, no more than 2 adults and 1 child may occupy a 1 bedroom unit; no more than 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children may occupy a 2 bedroom unit.
- Additional paperwork will need to be submitted with your Housing Application/Contract. Please visit our Family Housing page for additional details.
- Fully Furnished
- Utilities (Water and Electricity)
- Central Air Conditioning and Heating
- FREE Laundry Services – located in each court
- Cable TV – over 100 channels, plus HBO
- Internet Access – Ethernet ports and WiFi
- Waste Removal
- I-Card Services: A visitor card can be purchased for $10 through I-Card Services. Please stop by the Central Office to request the appropriate paperwork to be taken to I-Card services for approval.
- Fitness Facilities: The Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC) houses our exercise and fitness facilities. Membership to TRAC is not included in the housing fees. Interns must purchase a daily pass to access the facilities. At the TRAC front desk, Interns must present their Visitor Card, sign a waiver form and submit a $5 fee for a one day pass.
- Parking: If you are bringing your car to campus, they must purchase a parking hang tag. Parking hang tags can be purchased via Parking Operations located on the first floor of the Public Affairs Center (PAC). There will be a one time fee for the term you will residing on-campus. The parking hang tag must be hung via the review mirror in the car so the tag number is visible through the windshield. Interns must park their cars in the designated parking lots on-campus. If parked in the incorrect parking lot, you may be subject to a parking ticket. If you park your vehicle without the parking hang tag, your car may be subject to a parking ticket.
- All rooms are smoke free and UIS is tobacco free campus.
- Any stays less than 31 days in length may be subject to the Hotel Operators’ Occupation Tax based on the total bill for length of stay.
Guidelines and Special Provisions
Please Note: The following information supplements the established and published Terms and Conditions.
UIC Nursing Students
- Students must be admitted and registered with UIC Nursing Program.
- All UIC Nursing students are typically assigned within the same area of campus with hopes to provide a supportive community for their course schedules.
- The Department of Residence Life does their best to honor all roommate requests, however, there is never a guarantee.
- UIC Nursing students can elect to live with UIS students while living on campus.
- Single student and family housing options are available. Please see Housing Options listed above.
Intern and Fellowship Housing
- Please note that intern housing is available only after the housing needs of eligible UIS students are met.
- Student must be 18 years old.
- Student must be involved in a formal, educationally oriented internship or fellowship.
- Please include a letter from Internship and/or Fellowship, indicating start and end dates with your Housing Application/Contract.
- Housed during the regular UIS summer semester term. An extension of currently approved dates may be requested in writing with your application/contract. Allowable extensions include 1 week prior to the official move-in date, and 1 week after the official move-out date (there are additional billable time frames).
- Residence Life may be able to offer housing to Interns during the regular academic year (August-May).
- Residence Life offers flexible contract terms.
- Residence Life helps agencies assist their interns with housing needs, but the intern is responsible for making their own arrangements.
- Single student and family housing options available. Please see Housing Options listed above.
Visiting Scholar, UIS Faculty and Staff Housing
- Minimum stay is 31 days.
- The Department of Residence Life offers flexible contract terms.
- Documentation from sponsoring Department or Human Resources must be included when submitting the Housing Application/Contract.
- Monthly billing option is available.
- 1 and 2 bedroom family housing options. Please see Housing Options listed above.
- Maximum stay is 5 days.
- We welcome Commuter Students, Parents and Families of UIS Students.
- Guest Housing is available during Finals Week, Family Weekend and Commencement Attendance. Dates for these events are listed on the University Calendar.
- Checkout must be completed by 4pm.
- Only the person reserving the unit can complete the check-in and receive the keys.
- 4 occupant units, may be assigned with other campus guests.
- There is very limited availability. Please contact the Central Office (email@example.com) for additional details and to request the link to register for Guest Housing.