Reassignment Request Forms

If you are currently living on campus or have an active Housing Contract and wish to be reassigned to a different unit and/or want to request new roommates, you may request a reassignment via the online form. Please see the instructions below.

Submitting a Reassignment Request Before Move-In

These forms are only valid for students who have an active contract for the Academic Year. If you are an incoming Freshman, Transfer student, Returning student and/or Graduate student with a current assignment, please fill out the Reassignment Request Form. If you are a rising Sophomore/ SYRI student and wish to request to live in the townhouses for the Fall 2019 semester, please fill out the SYRI Reassignment/ Space Change Request Form. Please keep in mind that this is a request, NOT a guarantee. We will do our best to honor all requests if space permits.

There a freeze on all reassignment requests 30 days prior to the start of each semester. This allows for students to connect with their assigned roommates and begin to build community.

Both forms are Google Forms, therefore, you must be logged into your UIS Google Account to be able to access them. All requests will be reviewed on a weekly basis after June 1st. Please note, you will NOT be contacted prior to being reassigned. Reassignment requests cannot be canceled once they are accommodated, as your previous space will be immediately utilized for other reassignment requests.

If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Residence Life.

Submitting a Reassignment Request After Move-In

Students are able to submit a reassignment request after the first 3 weeks (21 days) of each semester, space permitted. This allows for fewer disruptions within the community and allows for establishment inclusive communities. Additionally, there is a 3 weeks (21 days) freeze on all reassignments prior to the end of the semester. Once the reassignment freeze is lifted, requests will be accepted following the process outlined below.

If the situation involves issues with your roommate or suite-mates please be sure to utilize your Resident Assistant (RA) and complete the formal mediation process prior to contacting your Resident Director (RD) to request a space change. At their discretion the RD may require a roommate agreement, facilitated roommate mediation, and/or other support measures prior to reassignment approval as a requirement while the reassignment is processing. Any tasks or expectations articulated by the RD as a part of the reassignment process or official instructions of the University and must be completed.