Facilities and Operations Student Staff
The Department of Residence Life employs students in a variety of ways to assist with Facilities and Operations related tasks. Typically these include Cleaning Crew and Snow Crew members.
Cleaning Crew – The Student Cleaning Team staff is made up of student employees responsible for the upkeep, cleaning, preparation and presentation of Housing & Residential Life property. Cleaning Crew operates year round.
- Vacant apartment, townhouse or residence hall units/rooms,
- Bedrooms within apartments and townhouses
- Bathrooms within apartments, townhouses, residence halls and/or commons building,
- Trash and recycling removal,
- Pick-up, delivery and storing of university related items,
- Other areas are assigned (i.e. office space, storage areas, etc)
Snow Crew – The Student Snow Crew staff is made up of student employees responsible for snow and ice removal during periods of inclement weather. Snow Crew operates during winter months.
- Shoveling of snow from walkways, stairs, decks, doorways and portions of parking lots
- Chipping of ice to reduce slippage, sliding, falls and slickness of ground
- Spreading of salt, sand, ice melt manually and mechanically
- Operating powered and non-powered snow removal equipment, shovel and spreader
Recruitment for these two positions take place at various times throughout the year via the University’s Career Connect system.