Upperclass, Transfer, & Graduate Student Move-In Schedule
Regular updates regarding move-in are made throughout the year, we encourage you to check back regularly for updates.
Upperclass (Sophomore, Junior, Senior) & Graduate Student Move-In Assigned to West or East Campus
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 9:00-11:00 AM
- West Campus Townhouses – Pennyroyal Court Units 1-24 & Marigold Court Units 1-18
- East Campus Apartments – Larkspur Court 240 & 260 Building, Sunflower 500, 600 & 700 Buildings
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 11:00-1:00 PM
- West Campus Townhouses – Marigold Court Units 19-24 & Trillium Court Units 1-24
- East Campus Apartments – Clover Court 100, 200, 300, & 400 Buildings & Larkspur Court 220 Building
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 1:00-3:00 PM
- West Campus Townhouses – Foxglove Courts Units 1-24
- East Campus Apartments – Bluebell Court 120, 140, 160 Buildings & Larkspur Court 280 Building
Upperclass (Sophomore, Junior, Senior) & Graduate Student Move-In Assigned to Founders or Lincoln Residence Halls
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 9:00-10:00 AM
- Founders Residence Hall – Rooms 105-131 & 339-358
- Lincoln Residence Hall – Rooms 115-122 & 300-322
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 10:00-11:00 AM
- Founders Residence Hall – Rooms 205-231 & 305-331
- Lincoln Residence Hall – Rooms 200-222 & 324-347
Friday, August 25, 2017 – 11:00-12:00 PM
- Founders Residence Hall – Rooms 239-258
- Lincoln Residence Hall – Rooms 128-147 & 224-247
Driving Directions & Parking Information for Move-In Day:
Check-in for all East Campus Apartments (Bluebell, Clover, Sunflower, Larkspur) will take place in the Residence Life Office in Homer Butler Commons (HCOM) (2325 Richard Wright Drive).
Check-in for West Campus Townhouses – Pennyroyal and Foxglove Courts will be held in the Pennyroyal and Foxglove parking lots (2065 Vachel Lindsay Drive). Check-in for Marigold and Trillium Courts will be held in the Marigold and Trillium Courts parking lots (near 2102 Carl Sandburg Lane).
Check-in for all Returning Residence Hall Students (Founders or Lincoln) will occur in the respective lobbies of each Residence Halls.
Upper-class and Graduate Students arriving after their designated Move-In Day will need to report to the Residence Life Office in Homer Butler Commons (HCOM).
During the check-in process you will:
- Sign your Contract, if you are moving into a new space for the first time.
- Sign your Inventory sheet, stating the conditions are accurate. All students have 24 hours to contact their Resident Director via email with any conditions that are not stated on the inventory. This is used at time of move-out to determine charges.
- East Apartments and Townhouses: (217) 206-6190
- LRH (Lincoln Residence Hall): (217) 206-6200
- Founders Hall: (217) 206-8474
Status of Opening Work Orders and Maintenance
It has truly been a busy spring and summer in the Department of Residence Life. As our maintenance department continues to work diligently to address all maintenance related issues, we would like to let all of our students know that some work on projects may extend into the Fall 2017 semester. We ask that when you arrive, if a project is noted on your inventory or by your RA as in progress, or in the queue to be addressed, that you are aware that our maintenance staff will be addressing those issues as soon as possible. We typically address issues on the basis of urgency with safety, security, and basic life functions ranked at the highest priority first, with other concerns after those have been remedied. We thank you for your patience. If you should have any questions regarding the status of your work order, please contact your Resident Director for follow-up.
Request Permission to Arrive Early – Fall 2017:
The Department of Residence Life requests that any resident wishing to arrival early to campus for Fall 2017 review the information below. No requests are approved to arrive earlier than Friday, August 18, 2017.
Fall 2017 housing opens for freshmen on August 23, 2017 and opens for upperclassmen on August 25, 2017. Prior to these dates, the buildings are not fully staffed and thus cannot provide the safety and security operations necessary to physically open early. We encourage all students to move-in on or after their respective move-in date. Students can always check in after their respective opening date without financial penalty, through the second day of classes. Additionally, some buildings may not be ready for the early arrival process due to facility projects and renovations. If a student’s room/building is impacted by these summer projects then they will not be approved for these reasons.
Individual requests will not be reviewed until July 24, 2017. Once requests are reviewed beginning July 24, 2017, there will be five working days for residence life staff to respond to requests. Students will receive decision notifications of their submitted requests starting August 11, 2017. Requests will be responded to by email. The deadline to receive requests will be 5:00pm , August 4, 2017. Students that are approved for early arrival will be held accountable for policies and procedures outlined in the housing contract and may be removed from early arrival housing if violation of the contract occurs.
There are early arrival charges of $25 to $50 per night for student to move in early to their residence hall or apartment.
Additional questions regarding this process can contact Residence Life at 217-206-6190 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
***Please note all Residence Life policies (including visitation and no guests) are still in effect during the Early Arrival period.
PLEASE NOTE: Requests for permission to arrive early for Fall 2017 must be received by August 4, 2017 at 5 PM to receive the $25/night rate. All requests after this deadline will be considered late request, and if approved, will be charged at the $50/night rate, even if you have not yet received an assignment by this date.