Call for Abstracts
Prepare your Abstract
An abstract is a summary of the project, and should reflect the professional format normally associated with scholarly work in the discipline (e.g., an abstract of an artistic performance may be similar to the program notes that typically accompany such a performance; science abstracts typically include background information, methods, results, and a brief discussion). All abstracts will appear on the conference web site and in the printed symposium program. Student authors should adhere to professional submission standards when possible when preparing abstracts and should work with their faculty mentors to ensure that their abstract is correct and complete. The presentation abstract is limited to 250 words or less, not counting title, name (or names if co-authors), mentor, and department information.
Submission System Opens: Monday, November 16, 2020
Early Submission Deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020
Final Submission Deadline: Friday, February 12th, 2021 at 5pm
Abstracts will be accepted as space allows.
Submit your Abstract
The abstract must be reviewed and approved by your faculty mentor. Your mentor submits the 250 word (maximum) abstract to the Abstract Submission System. Questions about abstracts can be emailed to email@example.com
View Abstract Examples
Submit your Registration Form & Photo
- The registration process occurs after you receive confirmation that the abstract is received for inclusion at STARS.
- Both the faculty mentor and student presenter will need to complete an online registration form.
- If a presentation has multiple student presenters, the lead student presenter will complete the online registration form for him/herself and all co-presenters.
- Presenters have the option to upload a photo to be included in the symposium program as part of the registration process.
- Learn more about registration deadlines and submitting your registration form & photo.