The UIS Science Research Symposium 2001-2011
The inaugural Student Technology, Arts, and Research Symposium was held in 2012. The precursor to STARS was the UIS Science Research Symposium. This page includes archived material from the Science Symposium.
Research Symposium Goals:
The primary goals of the symposium were to encourage scientific dialogue among the colleges and participants, and to inform the academic community of the scientific research conducted at UIS and neighboring campuses.
The Symposium was open to undergraduate and graduate students, and faculty involved in applied or theoretical research. We particularly encouraged the presentations by the students, and prizes are awarded for the best student poster and best oral presentation by a student. The symposium offers a good opportunity to present the preliminary findings of a study.
Previous annual programs available online:
- 2011 11th Annual Science Symposium Program
- 2010 10th Annual Science Symposium Program
- 2009 9th Annual Science Symposium Program
- 2009 Awards Presentations
- 2008 Science Symposium Program and 2008 Awards Presentations
- 2007 Program
- 2006 Science Symposium Program and 2006 Awards Presentations
- 2005 Program
- 2004 Program
- 2003 Program
- 2002 Program
- 2001 Program