Information for Businesses & UIS Alumni
UIS alumni and businesses are invited to attend the Student, Technology, Arts, & Research Symposium (STARS)!
- When: Thursday, April 16th, and Friday, April 17th, 2020
- Where: University of Illinois Springfield Campus (UIS Campus Maps & Visitor Parking)
- STARS Schedule
UIS has a tradition of celebrating our students’ talents. Each year, we invite our graduate and undergraduate students from all academic disciplines to showcase their scholarly and creative works at the symposium. At STARS, students experience an opportunity to professionally present their work, interact with other scholars, and engage with UIS and surrounding community members and invited speakers.
- Student researchers, under the guidance of faculty, will present at STARS in conference style format on a variety of topics related to business, the humanities, natural sciences, social sciences, and technology.
- Students of visual arts will display and discuss their projects in the STARS Art Gallery.
- Student musicians will offer live concert performances in Brookens Auditorium and in open STARS gathering spaces.
- The Department of English and Humanities will launch the annual edition of The Alchemist Review.
- The 2020 speaker is Dr. Walt Wolfram (William C. Friday’s Distinguished Professor at North Carolina State University and World-Renowned Sociolinguistics Researcher and Educator).
- STARS symposium general information.
With the aim to encourage more innovative activity connecting area innovators with industry leaders, we are celebrating advances in research, business solution, healthcare, agriculture, community and government solutions. Join us in watching the Start-Up Pitch Competition and listen to brilliant ideas from leading innovators and entrepreneurs.
- Date: Postponed to Fall 2020.
- Registration: Event is free and open to the public. Registration Required!
- Detailed Schedule and Information
STARS will be an asynchronous online symposium for Spring 2020 due to the response to the COVIS-19 outbreak. Watch for the Detailed Schedule with links to Box.com for participants.
Thursday, April 16th (schedule subject to change)
|Student Oral Presentations Session, Pitches, Posters||online
Friday, April 17th (schedule subject to change)
|Posters, Art, and Music||online
|Keynote – Video & Lecture POSTPONED|
For more information, please contact email@example.com.