All proposals submitted to external sponsors by UIS faculty, staff and students require internal approval. The process follows these general steps:
- Project director prepares proposal narrative and budget (with assistance from Pre-award Grants & Contracts or department staff as needed);
- Project director submits all proposal documents to unit fiscal officer;
- Fiscal officer initiates application on START myProposals;
- The PI/PD approves the START myProposals application;
- The START myProposals system will automatically electronically route the proposal for the required approvals (department chair, unit director, dean, executive director…).
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, upon receiving the proposal, reviews and approves the proposal and obtains final approval from the Provost;
- Proposal is submitted to sponsor.
Please allow three-to-five business days for routing and approval of proposals.
Training on the new START myProposals system is available.
Internal Clearance Form Updated (doc) will become obsolete September 30, 2019.