All proposals submitted to external sponsors by UIS faculty, staff and students require internal approval. The process follows these general steps:
- Project director prepares proposal narrative and budget (with assistance from Pre-award Grants & Contracts or department staff as needed);
- Project director submits all proposal documents to unit fiscal officer;
- Fiscal officer initiates application on START myProposals;
- The PI/PD approves the START myProposals application;
- The START myProposals system will automatically electronically route the proposal for the required approvals (department chair, unit director, dean, executive director…).
- The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, upon receiving the proposal, reviews and approves the proposal and obtains final approval from the Provost;
- Proposal is submitted to sponsor.
Please allow three-to-five business days for routing and approval of proposals.
Direct link to the START myProposals online form (login with your UIS NetID).
Training on the new START myProposals system is available.
Internal Clearance Form Updated (doc) will become obsolete September 30, 2019.