Sponsored Programs – Post-Award
The Office of Research & Sponsored Programs – Post-Award on the Springfield campus resides within the Office of the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The office is responsible for a variety of post-award administration functions in support of grants and contracts at the University of Illinois Springfield.
The Post-Award office provides support services to campus units, principal investigators and sponsor agencies to assist with the management of sponsored projects. Staff responsibilities for post-award administration of sponsored projects include award setup, billing, receivables and financial reporting, audit and compliance, and close out and award management.
For post-award administration questions, contact
Grants and Contracts Coordinator
Principle Investigators work with their Unit’s Business Administrative Assistant on day-to-day financial operations, such as:
- Hiring student workers (see UIS Financial Assistance office and UIS Career Connect)
- Purchasing supplies (iBuy)
- Ordering computers (UIS Information Technology) and/or software (UI Webstore)
- Ordering other equipment (UI Purchasing Division)
- Subcontracts or subawards, such as hiring consultants (Sponsored Programs)
- Travel expenses (UI Travel & Expense Management system)
- Monthly budget reports (EDDIE online system)
- Fraud prevention and awareness (video and website)
For assistance with pre-award processes such as identifying internal and external funding sources, interpreting sponsor guidelines and requirements, and assistance with proposal development and electronic submission, contact the Office of Research & Sponsored Programs – Pre-Award.