Internal UIS Faculty Grants
The Provost’s Office sponsors and/or coordinates multiple UIS funding opportunities for faculty. Read more about each of the programs below.
Recorded workshops and slides about these programs are available on our Resources page.
Grant Writing Mentorship Program
This new program is to support new grant writers by matching them with mentors to assist them in submitting competitive proposals to external funding sources.
Caryl Towsley Moy, Ph.D. Endowed Fund for Collaborative Research
Available for faculty collaborating with the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. Application due March 14, 2022, by 4:00 pm.
- Moy Fund RFP (PDF)
- Moy Proposal Template (DOCX)
- Moy Budget Worksheet (EXCEL)
- Moy Grant Approval Routing Form (fillable PDF)
- Tip to access fillable functionality: select “Open with different viewer”, then “Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Moy Fund No-Cost Extension Template (DOC)
- Moy Fund Final Report Template (DOC)
- Template – Moy Checklist and Timeline
- Prior Awardees
International Travel Program
- International Travel Program Guidelines & Procedures (PDF) AY 19-20
Scholarly Presentation Support Program (SPSP)
- Scholarly Presentation Support Program Guidelines(PDF) AY 19-20
Competitive Scholarly Research Grant Program (CSRG)
Application due January 24, 2022.
Recorded Faculty Development Workshop available on the Resources page.
The Harry and Deborah Berman Sabbatical Fund
Available for faculty receiving sabbaticals. Application due September 15, 2021, the year before the sabbatical.
- Berman Fund RFP (PDF)
- 21-22 Berman Award application form
- Berman Award Budget Template
- Prior Awardees p