The Provost’s Office sponsors and/or coordinates multiple funding opportunities for faculty. Read more about each of the programs below.
Total amount of funds available for internal grants provided to faculty by the Provost in FY20:
- Grant Writing Mentorship Program – $8,500
- International Travel Program – $5,000
- Scholarly Presentation Support Program – $27,000
- Competitive Scholarly Research Grant program – $27,000
Recorded workshops and slides about these programs are available on our Resources page.
Grant Writing Mentorship Program
This new program is to support new grant writers by matching them with mentors to assist them in submitting competitive proposals to external funding sources.
Download the description and application form (Grant Writing Mentorship.pdf) and submit a hard copy by October 28, 2019.
Caryl Towsley Moy, Ph.D. Endowed Fund for Collaborative Research
Available for faculty collaborating with the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine. Application due March 2, 2020.
- Moy Fund RFP (PDF)
- Moy Proposal Template (DOCX)
- Moy Grant Approval Routing Form (fillable PDF)
- Tip to access fillable functionality: select “Open with different viewer”, then “Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Moy Fund No-Cost Extension Template (DOC)
- Moy Fund Final Report Template (DOC)
- Prior Awardees
International Travel Program
- International Travel Program Guidelines & Procedures (PDF) AY 19-20
Scholarly Presentation Support Program (SPSP)
- Scholarly Presentation Support Program Guidelines(PDF) AY 19-20
Competitive Scholarly Research Grant Program (CSRG)
Available year-round (summer, fall, spring)! Application due January 27, 2020.
Recorded Faculty Development Workshop available on the Resources page.
The Harry and Deborah Berman Sabbatical Fund
Available for faculty receiving sabbaticals. Application due September 18, 2019 the year before the sabbatical.