Information about Records
- Diplomas – Requesting a Replacement/Duplicate Diploma (pdf)
- Official Transcripts – Requesting an Official Transcript
- Policy Information
- Requesting Personal Information Changes
- PROBATION: Students on probation are restricted to twelve (12) semester hours for the spring or fall semester and six (6) semester hours for the summer session. Students placed on probation must speak to their adviser to add, drop or modify their course schedule.
- SUSPENSION: Students who have been suspended from UIS must complete an appeal of academic suspension form to be reinstated. It is the responsibility of the student to file the appeal, which must be approved by the adviser, convener, chair, director and academic dean. If approved, the conditions of probation are applicable (see above).
An appeal for an exception to the tuition and fee policy for withdrawals, including requests for exceptions to posted deadlines, must be filed with the Records and Registration Appeals Committee. The Committee meets regularly to consider these requests. The appeal must document extenuating circumstances. Additional information regarding the appeal process is available in the form of a handout: Information on Exceptions to the Tuition and Fee Policy for Withdrawals (pdf).
Students are occasionally required to submit course descriptions for courses taken at the University of Illinois Springfield for acceptance of credit at another institution or for prerequisite verification.
Most descriptions of current and recently offered courses are available through the online UIS Catalog. Past courses that are not listed on this site can be requested from the Office of Records and Registration. Please mail or fax your request to:
Office of Records and Registration
University of Illinois Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB 1076
Springfield, IL 62703-5407
Fax: (217) 206-6620
The Office of Records and Registration does not provide copies of course syllabi. Course syllabi can be requested through the appropriate academic program office.
UIS recognizes superior academic achievement of undergraduate students at the end of fall and spring semesters. Criteria for placement on the dean’s list includes a semester grade-point average of 3.75 or higher, enrollment in at least eight graded semester hours, and no incomplete grades for the semester.
Requests for verification of enrollment and degrees should be directed to the Records and Registration department. See the Enrollment/Degree Verification page for further information.
Students are responsible for knowing and adhering to the policies, deadlines, and procedures contained in the catalog and current course schedule. Avoid potential enrollment problems by reading the various publications carefully. Students may receive credit only for those courses for which they are properly registered and will assume academic and financial responsibility for any course in which they register unless they officially cancel registration according to the established deadlines.