MPH Education Plan Form (doc)
Sample Educational Plans for MPH-EH
Here are some examples of education plans with the core courses listed in preferred order. These are for guidance only. Your advisor will help you craft a plan to meet your individual needs.
- Sample Education Plan for On-Campus Majors- three courses per term (docx)
- Sample Education Plan for Online Majors- three courses per term (docx)
- Sample Education Plan for On-Campus Majors- 2 Courses per term (doc)
- Sample Education Plan for Online Majors-2 courses per term (doc)
Please find the most recent course rotation for student’s planning purposes.
For courses currently being offered by the department, please visit the Dynamic Course Schedule.
The Department of Public Health expects all graduates to possess a basic set of competencies to effectively practice within the public health profession. The Department has established competencies for the program core, the MPH-Generalist concentration electives categories, and the two MPH-Environmental Health Concentration options.
- Follow this link to the MPH Core Competencies (docx)
- Follow this link for the MPH-Generalist Concentration Electives Catagories Competencies (pdf)
- Follow this link to the MPH-Envionmental Health Concentration Option Competencies (pdf)
- As you work toward crafting your internship proposal, please use our guidelines to establish the position, develop the necessary contract, and learn what is required of the documentation during the internship. You may follow this link to the MPH 581 Internship Protocol. (docx)
- When internship sites require a UIS Clinical Affiliation Agreement (doc), please contact the MPH department for a fill able copy of the approved template. If your internship will be at the SIU School of Medicine, you must use the SIU School of Medicine Affiliation Agreement. (pdf)
- I look forward to working with you to create a meaningful and valuable internship experience.
Clinical Instructor; Department of Public Health
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, PAC 308
Springfield, IL 62703-5407
tel:217/206-6083 e-mail email@example.com.
Questions and Answers About the Internship
Click the link below for answers to the most frequently asked questions about the MPH Internship:
- UIS MPH Evelyn N. Zimmerman Endowment Fund
- National Environmental Health Association
- American Public Health Association
- Graduate Public Service Internship Program (GPSI)
- Graduate Assistantships (GA)
- CLICK Here to apply to both GA and GPSI
Useful Web Sites
- DHS – Illinois Department of Human Services
- EHAC – Environmental Health Accreditation Council
- IDPH – Illinois Department of Public Health
- IEPA – Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- IPHA – Illinois Public Health Association
- IEHA – Illinois Environmental Health Association
- AAAS – American Association for the Advancement of Science
- AAHE American Association for Health Educators
- APHA – American Public Health Association
- CDC – Centers for Disease Prevention and Control
- EHAC – National Environmental Health Science and Protection Accreditation Council
- HHS – US Department of Health and Human Services
- NAWHO – National Asian Women’s Health Organization
- NEHA – National Environmental Health Association
- NIH – US National Institutes of Health
- WHO – World Health Organization