About the Masters in Public Health
Public health is an essential function of modern society. It is, in the words of the Institute of Medicine, “What we as a society do collectively to assure the conditions in which people can be healthy.”
Public health professionals must deal with myriad issues:
- Prevention and control of disease,
- Access to quality healthcare,
- Environmental protection,
- The health needs of special populations,
- Data analysis and evaluation,
- Policy planning and administration,
- Environmental justice, and
- Health promotion.
While some positions require specialist training, most demand a strong interdisciplinary foundation for practice.
Our Vision and Mission
- Goal 1: The MPH program provides educational experiences that meet the needs of the public health profession by preparing students for successful careers.
- Goal 2: The department attracts and retains a competent and effective cadre of faculty
- Goal 3: The department promotes, conducts, and disseminates scholarly research locally, regionally, nationally, and globally
- Goal 4: The department promotes and participates in community engagement and public health practice
- Spring 2017
Department Updates, MPH Student Spotlight, MPH GPSI Highlights, Speaker Series, Upcoming Events
For assistance or information email or call 217-206-6720