Kenneth A. Kriz, Ph.D. is University Distinguished Professor at the University of Illinois at Springfield. Dr. Kriz conducts research focusing on subnational debt policy and administration, public pension fund management, government financial risk management, economic and revenue forecasting, and behavioral public finance. Dr. Kriz is a frequent presenter at public economics, public budgeting and financial management conferences and has published more than 40 journal articles and book chapters along with a textbook on quantitative research methods in public administration. Dr. Kriz has consulted with several public and nonprofit organizations on financial and economic matters. Dr. Kriz served as Vice-Chairperson of the City of Omaha, Nebraska Civilian Employees Retirement System from 2006 to 2011 and on the Board of Trustees of the Wichita, Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System and on the Joint Investment Committee for the city’s pension funds from 2014 to 2018. Dr. Kriz was a Fulbright Scholar in the Republic of Estonia during academic year 2004-05 and a Fulbright Senior Specialist in the Czech Republic in 2008.
Office: PAC 484
- (2019). Clark, C. Brendan, Hayes, Charles, Armstrong, Jacob D., and Kriz, Kenneth A. “Influence of Cognitive Empathy on Progressivism.” North American Journal of Psychology 21, 1: 21-38. Available here.
- (2019). Johnson, Craig L. and Kenneth A. Kriz. Tax Increment Financing and Economic Development: Uses, Structures, and Impact, 2nd ed. Albany, NY: State University of New York. Available here.
- (2019). Merriman, David F., Kriz, Kenneth, Byrnes, Patricia, and Cassidy, Glenn. “Revenue Implications of Alternative Personal Income Tax Structures in Illinois.” Institute of Government and Public Affairs, University of Illinois. Available here.
- (2019). Srithongrung, Arwiphawee, Yusuf, Wie and Kriz, Kenneth A. “A Systematic Public Capital Management and Budgeting Process.” In Capital Management and Budgeting in the Public Sector (Srithongrung, Arwiphawee, Yusuf, Wie and Ermasova, Natalia, eds.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. Available here.
- (2019). Srithongrung, Arwiphawee and Kriz, Kenneth A. “Thai Public Capital Budget and Management Process.” In Capital Management and Budgeting in the Public Sector (Srithongrung, Arwiphawee, Yusuf, Wie and Ermasova, Natalia, eds.). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. Available here.
- (2017). Kriz, Kenneth A. and Xiao, Yan. “The Impact of Rating Recalibration on the Municipal Bond Yield Spreads.” Public Budgeting & Finance 37, 2: 83-101. Available here.
- (2017). Clark, C. Brendan, Swails, Jeffrey A., Pontinen, Heidi M., Bowerman, Shannon E., Kriz, Kenneth A. and Hendricks, Peter S. “A Behavioral Economic Assessment of Individualizing Versus Binding Moral Foundations.” Personality and Individual Differences 112: 49-54. Available here.
- (2017). Kriz, Kenneth A. and Joffe, Marc D. “Municipal Bond Insurance after the Financial Crisis: Can It Help Reduce Borrowing Costs for Local Governments?” Mercatus Research (Mercatus Center at George Mason University) Research Paper. Available here.
- (2016). Chen, Can, Kriz, Kenneth A. and Wang, Qiushi. “Does Public Infrastructure Health Affect State Bond Ratings? Evidence from a Panel Data Analysis.” Public Finance Review 44, 5: 660-680. Available here.
- (2016). Kriz, Kenneth A. and Wang, Quishi. “Municipal Bond Risk Premia During the Financial Crisis: Model and Implications” Municipal Finance Journal 37, 2: 29-49. Available here.