Beverly Bunch, PhD, is full professor in the Department of Public Administration and in the Center for State Policy and Leadership. She has a PhD in Public Policy Analysis from Carnegie-Mellon University, an MPA from the Maxwell School at Syracuse University, and a BS in Business Administration from UIUC. She has worked for the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA), the City of San Antonio budget office, and the Texas Bond Review Board. Her main areas of interest are capital financing, intergovernmental fiscal relations, and state and local government budgeting. She has published in journals such as Public Budgeting & Finance, Municipal Finance Journal, and Public Administration Review. She recently co-authored a book with Dalitso Sulamoyo, Aaron Itulya, Travis Bland, Lorena Johnson, and Junfeng Wang titled Community Action Leaders: Rooting out Poverty at the Local Level (2016) and published an article in the Illinois Municipal Policy Journal (2016). She currently is leading a team of researchers as part of a national state budget project administered by the Volcker Alliance.
Beverly Bunch CV (PDF)
Office: PAC 476
Telephone: (217) 206-6080
- (Forthcoming) Bunch, B., Byrnes, P., & Schneider, A. L. The State of Illinois’s fiscal challenges and budget practices. Municipal Finance Journal.
- (2018) “Planning and financing infrastructure in the Trump Years: What can the administration learn from previous large infrastructure programs?” In Pagano, M. A., Ed. The public infrastructure of work and play. Champaign, IL: University of Illinois Press, 50-82.
- (2018) Bunch, B. & Ferrara, B. Factors to consider when analyzing the need for an elected state treasurer. Public Budgeting and Finance, 38(4), 32-51.
- (2017) Bunch, B. & Sulamoyo, D. Community action leaders: Rooting out poverty at the local level. New York, NY: Routledge.
- (2016) Bunch, B., D. Sulamoyo, A. Itulya, T. Bland, L. Johnson, and J. Wang. Local Community Action Leaders: Rooting Out Poverty at the Local Level. New York: Routledge. Book available here.
- (2016) Bunch, B. Local Government Capital Budgeting in Good Times … and Bad Times, 2016. Illinois Municipal Policy Journal. 1 (1): 51-66. Available here.
- (2016) Bland, J. T., Bunch, B., & Wang, J. Collaborating to build value. In D. Sulamoyo, & B. Bunch (Eds.), Community Action Leaders: Rooting out Poverty at the Local Level. New York: Routledge. Available here.