PA Department in the News
- PA faculty member Bob Blankenberger is one of the education experts providing answers in the “ask the expert” section of Wallethub’s 2018 Best Colleges ranking.
- PA faculty member Rick Funderburg was interviewed for an August 26, 2017 story on a proposed new tax increment financing district in Springfield. Read the article at the State Journal Register website.
- PA faculty Bob Blankenberger posted a blog about a recent article he co-authored on the postsecondary achievement gap in Illinois and factors associated with improved completion for underrepresented students on the American Politics and Policy blog on the London School of Economics website.
PA faculty Rick Funderburg contributed his expertise on WalletHub’s website in article on taxes and government service. Read the story at WalletHub.
- PA faculty and visiting scholar in fiscal policy for the Institute of Government and Public Affairs at the University of Illinois, Dr. Richard Funderburg was quoted in a February 17, 2016 Medill News Service article “Governor Rauner advocates bipartisan reforms amid budget gridlock.”
- PA faculty Dr. Betsy Goulet’s innovative work with the Department of Children and Family Services utilizing the new Residential Simulation Lab to help train investigators is the subject of an Illinois Times news article written by UIS MPA alum Brittany Hilderbrand.
The UIS MPA online program is highly ranked by multiple organizations: #7 among online MPA programs by BestColleges.com, #18 among online management programs by Top Management Degrees, and #15 among online MPA programs by TheBestSchools.org. Overall, UIS was ranked #4 in the Best Online College rankings in the US for 2016-17 and #1 for 2015-2016 by AffordableCollegesOnline.org.
Residential Simulation Lab
The new Lab is associated with the Child Advocacy Studies program in the Public Administration Department at UIS. The facility is being used as a tool for hands-on training in effective intervention techniques in child abuse and neglect scenarios for both professionals and students. For more information see the Chancellor’s Column on the new Residential Simulation Lab. The Simulation Lab was dedicated on April 25, 2016. UIS MPA grad Brittany Hilderbrand has authored a story on the Lab and its dedication for the Illinois Times.
University of Illinois at Springfield Public Administration faculty are involved in a variety of important research areas such as budgeting, children’s rights, educational policy, environmental justice, land use and planning, and network administration.
Follow this link to view a list of recent faculty publications.
Jaimie Newby is our newest addition to the College of Public Affairs and Administration. Jaimie is the Academic Advisor for the undergraduate on-campus programs. We hope you will drop her a line if you want to know more about undergraduate degree programs here in CPAA. Click to find out more about the latest member of the best college on campus.