About the Department
Department of Public Administration Mission
Changing Policy, Changing Lives
- The MPA program strives to advance the public interest and civic engagement.
- Our location in the state capital provides access to a diverse networked community of public affairs scholars, practitioners, and students.
- The development of our graduate certificate programs and our new undergraduate degree in public administration represent growth as we have seen the need to provide new public service education options.
- With our online program we have become more diverse and now contribute more to public service in many contexts nationally.
- The department teaches skill sets that include budget and finance, organizational behavior, human resource management, quantitative and statistical analysis, policy analysis, and program evaluation.
- Staff is always willing to assist students in navigating the institution from initial registration to graduation.