Online B.A. Degree Admission Requirements
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology is offered in an online format. Students in the online degree program complete the Individualized Concentration. The individualized concentration is intended to give students the greatest flexibility in obtaining a general background in Psychology. The requirements for completion of the B.A. degree are listed on the Individualized Concentration Planning Form.
The online Psychology B.A. program has a separate admission process. Admission to the program is competitive. Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis for admission in the fall, spring, and summer semesters. The number of students admitted each term is limited by enrollment capacity. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application several months prior to their desired semester of enrollment to ensure that they can register for classes when seats are still available.
The admissions criteria include:
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.5 (on 4.0 scale), and
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of undergraduate coursework.
To apply, applicants are also required to present a rationale for pursuit of the online degree format as well as discuss their access to the Internet and their possession of relevant technological/computer skills.
Preference for admission will be given to applicants who:
- Effectively demonstrate that they are unable to attend on-ground classes because of distance, work or care giving issues, or other circumstances that are incompatible with regularly scheduled on-ground class offerings.
- Have either completed at least 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or earned an Associate of Arts degree.
- Have completed the following courses at the time of application: Introductory Psychology, English Composition I & II, Mathematics general education.
Review for entry to the UIS online B.A. program is a two-part process:
- Applications are first evaluated by the UIS Admissions Office for fulfillment of University requirements.
- The application file is then sent to the Psychology program for online degree admission consideration.
To apply to the online Psychology B.A. program, follow the instructions on the Apply Today page.