Online B.A. Degree Admission Requirements
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology is offered in an online format. Students may complete the Individualized Concentration online. The individualized concentration is intended to give students the greatest flexibility in obtaining a general background in Psychology. The requirements for completion of the B.A. degree are listed on the Individualized Concentration Planning Form.
Admission to the online Psychology B.A. program is competitive. The online program has a separate admission process. The number of students admitted each term is limited by enrollment capacity. Applications are evaluated for admission in the fall and spring semesters. The admissions criteria include:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale), and
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of undergraduate coursework.
To apply, applicants are also required to present a rationale for pursuit of the online degree format as well as discuss their access to the Internet and their possession of relevant technological/computer skills.
Preference for admission will be given to applicants who:
- Effectively demonstrate that they are unable to attend on-ground classes because of distance, work or care giving issues, or other circumstances that are incompatible with regularly scheduled on-ground class offerings.
- Have either completed at least 60 hours of undergraduate coursework or earned an Associate of Arts degree.
- Have completed the following courses at the time of application: Introductory Psychology, English Composition I & II, Mathematics general education.
- Complete the application process by the specified deadline. The application deadline for enrollment in the fall semester is April 15 and the application deadline for enrollment in the spring semester is September 15.
Review for entry to the UIS online B.A. program is a two-part process:
- Applications are first evaluated by the UIS Admissions Office for fulfillment of University requirements.
- The application file is then sent to the Psychology program for online degree admission consideration.
To apply to the online Psychology B.A. program, follow the instructions on the Apply Today page.