Psychology B.A. Degree Online
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology is offered in an online format. Students admitted into the online Psychology B.A. program are required complete the Individualized Concentration online. The Individualized Concentration is intended to give students the greatest flexibility in obtaining a general background in Psychology.
Admission to the online Psychology B.A. program is competitive. The online program has a separate admission process. The number of students admitted each term is limited by enrollment capacity. Applications are evaluated for admission in the fall and spring semesters. The admissions criteria include:
- A minimum overall GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale), and
- A minimum of 30 semester hours of undergraduate course work.
To apply, applicants are also required to present a rationale for pursuit of the online degree format as well as discuss their access to the Internet and their possession of relevant technological/computer skills.
Preference for admission will be given to applicants who:
- Effectively demonstrate that they are unable to attend on-ground classes because of distance, work or care giving issues, or other circumstances that are incompatible with regularly scheduled on-ground class offerings.
- Have either completed at least 60 hours of undergraduate course work or earned an Associate of Arts degree.
- Have completed the following courses at the time of application: Introductory Psychology, English Composition I & II, Mathematics general education.