Course Approval and Registration Procedures
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS TO RECEIVE COURSE APPROVAL TO REGISTER FOR ALL PSYCHOLOGY 300- AND 400- LEVEL COURSES.
Departmental approval is required for all students (majors or non-majors) planning to register for 300- or 400-level courses in Psychology. Departmental approval for 100- or 200-level courses in Psychology is NOT needed.
Follow these instructions to receive approval to register for Fall 2017 Psychology courses:
- To request approval to register for Fall 2017 courses, submit a Psychology Fall 2017 Course Approval Form by clicking on this link: https://uofi.uis.edu/fb/sec/1482703.
- You can submit your forms any time after April 1st, 2017. Use these forms to request approval to register for any 300- and 400-level psychology classes. Remember to click “Submit Form” after you have entered your information.
- Please note that if you are in the Online Psychology B.A. program, our Academic Advisor, Robin Vansacik, will send you all of the information that you need for registration.
- NO phone calls, email requests, or walk-in requests for course approvals are allowed. This policy is to ensure that requests for approval are granted in the order received.
- If you need to make a change to your original request, you may do so by submitting another form and note in the comment section: Course Change.
- Please make note of your Time Ticket for registration. You can view the exact day and time that you are able to register for classes by logging into Student Self-Service (available at uis.edu/registration). Click the “Register Now!” link and follow the directions given.
- You will be given permission to register for Psychology courses based on your time ticket and then in the order that requests are received. You will NOT be given permission to register for courses until after the designated time on your time ticket. Students who do not register on their designated time ticket date can register after their designated dates.
- Once you have submitted your request, you will receive a confirmation email within 2-3 days of your time ticket date with your course approvals from firstname.lastname@example.org. After you receive your confirmation email, you will then have 24 hours to complete registration for your Psychology courses.
Following these guidelines will allow your registration experience to progress as smoothly and quickly as possible.