Explosion, Aircraft Crash, or Similar Incident
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks, or anything that will give protection against falling glass or debris.
- After the effects of the incident have subsided, call UISPD at 206-7777 or 911. Give your name and describe the location and nature of an emergency.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and need help to evacuate.
- In case of fire, do not use elevators.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 150 yards away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist the UIS Police Department. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed to do so by UISPD.
- Do not return to area. Do not pick up any debris. Do not light a match or smoke.