Chemical or Radiation Spill
- Report spillage of a chemical or radioactive material immediately to 206-7777 or 911. Do not return to affected area.
- Anyone who may be contaminated by the spill should avoid contact with others. Do not touch anything. Flood chemical burn with cool water for at least 15 minutes.
- When reporting, be specific about the nature and location of spilled material. UIS Police Department will activate the emergency response units.
- Persons not trained in spill techniques should immediately evacuate the area.
- Notify emergency personnel of persons with disabilities who are in the building and need help to evacuate.
- In case of fire, do not use elevators.
- Once outside, move to a clear area at least 150 yards away from the affected Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and personnel. If requested, assist the UIS Police Department. Do not return to an evacuated building unless directed by UISPD.