What to Expect in an Online Course at UIS
Just like any college courses, online courses at UIS vary by instructor and department. UIS faculty teach both on campus and online. Faculty use a variety of tools, methods and strategies to present their content, including:
- Books and journal articles (hard copies and digital)
- Websites and Simulations
- Multimedia enhancements: videos, audio, images, charts, and graphs
- Quizzes and tests
- Asynchronous discussion forums
- Synchronous web conferences
- Projects and other authentic assignments
- Group work
- Much more
Course sizes generally range from 15-40 students.
UIS Information Technology Services keeps an updated list of computer purchase recommendations for students.
Each semester courses become available at 12:01 a.m. on the first day of classes. Some instructors may choose to open courses early.
Courses for the previous semester close on the Friday prior to the first day of each new semester.