The Ombuds Office and the procedures described on this website are available only for tenured and tenure-track faculty and Academic Professional staff at UIS.
- talks with faculty and APs who may have work related problems they need to resolve;
- resolves problems as an intermediary;
- makes the procedures for the different processes work;
- keeps track of time limits, and responses, and records;
- keeps lists of persons available to serve as mediators and help select them;
- makes and maintains lists of Hearing Officers and handle their appointment;
- creates and maintains forms and informational materials, including the web site;
- runs the Ombuds Office as a service center to assist Faculty and APs in problem solving.