Memorable UIC Nursing Facts
The UIC College of Nursing draws the most accomplished and proactive nursing students from across the nation and around the world and continually exceeds expectations with our number of graduates. Besides its Chicago campus, the college has five regional campuses in Illinois – Peoria, Quad Cities, Rockford, Springfield and Urbana – and an internationally recognized and vibrant Global Health Leadership Office (GHLO).
Points of Pride
- Ranked #8 among all U.S. school of nursing for research funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Ranked by Internationalstudent.com as the #1 College of Nursing for international students to receive their nursing education.
- Ranked #2 in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report for top graduate programs in Colleges of Nursing. Specialty programs ranked:
- Administration 8th
- Nurse Midwifery 10th
- Adult-Gerontology Acute care Nurse Practitioner 10th
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner 13th
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner 12th
- Family Nurse Practitioner 7th
- First U.S. World Health Organization Collaborating Centre for Nursing and Midwifery Development and received 6th redesignation in 2015.
- UIC’s online bachelor’s programs- dominated by the RN-to-BSN program – ranked #8 by U.S. News & World Report.