The UIS Prairie Stars men's basketball team defeated the Judson University Eagles (NCCAA DI) by a score of 99-64 on Wednesday night. Junior forward Jack Weber reached his 1000th career point in the first half of the team's 22nd consecutive home opener win.
- The Eagles kept the game close early on as the lead switched eight time in 10 minutes
- UIS shot 53.8% from the field over the first half, going into the break leading 48-24 after pulling away with balanced effort
- The Prairie Stars outscored Judson 51-40 over the final twenty minutes
- UIS scored 19 points on second chances, 56 points in the paint, and 39 points off the bench
- Jordan Rice put up 22 points to lead the Prairie Stars while making 9-of-15 from the field
- Rice also had six assists and four steals in the game
- Jack Weber scored the 1000th point of his career on his fifth point of the game, and went on to total ten points. Weber also contributed two blocks, six rebounds, and three assists
- UIS made 13-of-17 from the free throw line for a 76.5% success rate, edging out Judson who made an even 75%
UIS men's basketball will compete next week at the DoubleTree Thanksgiving Classic in Springfield, Mo. UIS will play Missouri Southern on Tuesday at 3:15 p.m., and Fontbonne on Wednesday at 3:15 p.m.