Information for Faculty
We hope you find this information helpful. Please contact Keenan Dungey with any questions. Please also contact us with the names and contact information of students you want to refer for nationally competitive scholarships so they can have an initial appointment with the coordinator and complete an intake questionnaire. This helps us to follow up on student applications.
There are also competitive fellowships for faculty. Please contact us if you are interested in applying. UIS is piloting the use of the Internal Clearance Form for these applications.
- Fulbright for faculty
There are a number of different programs/tracks, including inviting visiting scholars from other countries. Most deadlines Aug 1.
- NEH Fellowships
- American Council of Learned Societies
- various faculty fellowships in the Humanities. Due Sept. 25.
- Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University
- funds for sabbatical, conference, and other humanities-related scholarship expenses for faculty from any institutiton
- Guggenheim Fellowship
for advanced scholarship in the arts
- Rockefeller Bellagio Center programs
- for scholars from various disciplines, deadlines vary
- National Academy of Education Spencer Foundation FELLOWSHIPS in EDUCATION RESEARCH
- for early career scholars working in critical areas of education research. Due November 20, 2019
- NSF CAREER
- for pre-tenure faculty, deadlines third week of July
- Abe Fellowship
- for interdisciplinary social science research with international reach, collaboration with Japan, deadline Sept. 1