All MBA entrance requirements must be completed and GPA/GMAT scores must meet entrance requirements to register for MBA courses.
- Begin by completing and submitting an online application. (A downloadable application is also available.) Later you may return to your electronic application file to upload other documents.
- You will have an opportunity to pay the application fee online after submitting the online application, or you may return to your Application Status Page* at any time to pay. The application fee can also be mailed to the UIS Office of Admissions. Note: If you have been a previous UIS student, the application fee is waived. (Do not pay and an admissions processor will manually review your file to document this waiver.) Other fee waivers are available in some cases.
- Official transcripts from every college or university you have attended must be submitted to the UIS Office of Admissions. If you are in the process of completing your degree, include a transcript from your current school. (A final transcript with your degree successfully documented will be required upon completion.) If you have provided transcripts to UIS previously, they will likely still be on file. You will be notified if anything is missing. Note: Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative GPA below 2.0 will not be considered. A cumulative GPA over 2.5 is preferred.
- Three reference letters are required. The online application will give you an opportunity to include three names with email addresses. The online system will email each person asking for a letter on your behalf. A link is provided to return reference letters to your file. If you choose to retrieve the letters yourself, you may upload these letters to your electronic application file by returning to your Application Status Page*, or letters can be mailed to the MBA program office.
- Submit a current resume.
- A personal & academic statement should describe your desire to earn an MBA and your goals for the future.
- A qualifying Total GMAT score is required OR evidence of substantial managerial experience and supervisory responsibility. (This experience will be evaluated with the three reference letters, resume and personal statement, so be sure these thoroughly document your managerial and supervisory experience.)
Note: The cumulative GPA will determine the Total GMAT score required. Total GMAT scores under 400 will not be considered.
*The Application Status Page is very helpful. It shows what has been received and what is still needed. (Expect a delay in processing.) It allows you to pay the application fee and upload documents. If you provide names and addresses for recommendation letters, but those letters have not been received, you can re-visit the recommendations page and send reminders.
Springfield Applicants: Although there are no application deadlines, it is wise to submit the above information at least 4-6 weeks before desiring to begin coursework. New students may begin MBA coursework in the Fall or Spring.
Peoria Applicants: Peoria cohorts begin only in the Fall. Application prior to April 1 is encouraged.