UIC ION Course Registration Information
Step 1: Create Your Registration Account
This account will allow you to register for ION courses as UIC faculty and staff. The same account provides access to your non-credit transcript to verify completion of courses.
- Go to Set Up Your CAPE Account.
- Under “First-Time Users” click on Create an account.
- On the next screen, enter your First Name, Last Name, UIC Email Address, and Birth Date, and then click Continue.
- The system will send you an email address with a temporary PIN.
- On the next screen, enter the temporary PIN and your birthdate, and click Login.
- Enter your new password two times, following the password rules on the screen, and click Set Password.
- Click on Start New Application.
This step creates your application, which allows you to register for classes. If you don’t create the application, you will be able to login but NOT register for courses.
- Click Create Application, and then Open Application.
- Click on Continuing and Professional Education to complete and submit your application.
- After you’ve submitted your application, you’ll be taken to your CAPE Self-Service portal.
Step 2: Register for the select courses
- After you have created your ION account, click on one of the sections links below to register for your course.
- Enter the UIC discount code of GU347 (be sure to capitalized the letter so that the code applies).
- You will see a course fee charge in your account and receive an invoice via email. Do NOT pay this fee. ION will apply the UIC funds to your individual accounts.
|August 23 – Oct. 16||8 week course Cultural Responsiveness in the Classroom||Winfree|