If you are logged into your ION account and a course is open for registration, it will be listed below. Selecting the Register Now button will start the registration process.
Course Administration Notes
- Due to the workload of ION courses, we advise you to limit yourself to two concurrent registrations.
- The decision to allow a scheduled course to run is usually made by the end of the Wednesday preceding a course start. All courses must have at least 7 registrations to run.
- Your registration is subject to verification by the institution/agency with which you are affiliated if an affiliation discount is involved.
To Register for a Continuing Education ION Course
- Make sure you have an ION Self-Service account.
- If you have never completed an ION course or you are new to ION, you need to create a new ION Self-Service account.
- For people who have previously taken an ION course, your information was ported to the new system. Please set your new password. This process takes 3 to 5 minutes.
- View the ION Course Schedule for the upcoming term.
- Click on the hyperlinked course name to go to the registration form.
- You may be prompted to log into your ION Self-Service account.
- The registration form will be filled in with your name and institution.
- If your institution is an ION member, enter your promo code to receive the institutional discount. If you’re unsure of your promo code, please contact your ION institutional liaison. Click Submit.
- The next screen contains a link to make a payment and shows the balance due on your account. This information will also be emailed to you and displayed in the ION Self-Service Portal.
- If you click on the payment link and then click on Submit Payment, you can make a payment by credit or debit card. If you prefer to pay by check, this screen displays an invoice number. Please note the invoice number on your check before you mail it to ION.
CEU vs. Graduate Credit: Before registering through the ION Self-Service account, make sure that you wish to take it for continuing education units (non- academic credit professional development). If you wish to take the course for graduate academic credit through the University of Illinois Springfield, do not register through this site, and please follow the directions on our graduate credit options page.