Registration is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Make sure you have an ION Self-Service account.
- New to ION? Create a new ION Self-Service account.
- Take ION courses previously? Your information was ported to the new system. Please follow these instructions to set your new password. This process takes about 3 minutes.
- Note: This account is separate from the account you use to log into the ION Moodle learning management system.
- View the ION Course Schedule for the upcoming term and click on the course you wish to register for. If you haven’t already logged into your ION Self Service account, you’ll be prompted to now.
- If your institution is an ION member, please select Yes and enter your institutional promo code to receive the discount. Then click Submit.
- Pro tip: If you’re unsure of your institution’s promo code, please contact your ION institutional liaison. This is typically a director of online learning or faculty development.
Paying for your course
- After you register, a confirmation screen with a link to pay for your course will appear.This information will also be emailed to you and displayed in the ION Self-Service Portal.
- To pay, click on the payment link and then click on Submit Payment, you can make a payment by credit or debit card. If you prefer to pay by check, this screen displays an invoice number. Please note the invoice number on your check before you mail it to ION.
- You will be enrolled in the course Moodle site about a week before the course begins. Login information for your course will be to the email address with which you registered.
Course Administration Notes
- Due to the workload of ION courses, we advise you to limit yourself to two concurrent registrations.
- The decision to allow a scheduled course to run is usually made by the end of the Wednesday preceding a course start. All courses must have at least 7 registrations to run.
- Your registration is subject to verification by the institution/agency with which you are affiliated if an affiliation discount is involved.
CEU vs. Graduate Credit
Before registering through the ION Self-Service account, make sure that you wish to take it for continuing education units (non- academic credit professional development). If you wish to take the course for graduate academic credit through the University of Illinois Springfield, do not register through this site, and please follow the directions on our graduate credit options page.