The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) gathers, analyzes, interprets, and disseminates timely and accurate data in support of the academic management, decision-making, assessment, planning, and reporting needs of UIS.
The availability of institutional (i.e., metrics) and comparative (i.e., benchmark) data is essential to facilitate organizational learning for the continuous improvement of our campus as rational, data-driven decision-making processes yield more informed and successful decisions.
Our services include:
- Analyzing and disseminating institutional data on programs, students, faculty and staff;
- Analyzing and disseminating data on enrollments, graduation, and retention;
- Conducting ad-hoc data analyses for internal and external constituents;
- Preparing cost studies for the University;
- Complying with federal and state reporting requirements.