Assurance of Student Learning Day
Mark your calendar for the 2nd Annual Assurance of Student Learning (Half) Day!
The Second Annual Assurance of Learning (Half) Day will be held Friday March 27, 2020. We will start with refreshments at 8:30 AM and a welcome by the Provost at 9 AM. All faculty are welcome to share and learn about student assessment.
More information, including registration and the final agenda, will be coming soon so watch this space!
Want more information now? Contact Nancy Barrett, Assessment and Accreditation Coordinator, Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
This event is co-sponsored by the Committee on the Assessment of Student Learning (CASL), the Faculty Development Resource Office and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness.
Assurance of Student Learning Day 3/29/19
UIS’ 2019 first annual Assurance of Learning Day was held March 29, 2019. The purpose of this session was to introduce UIS’ Assurance of Student Learning initiatives with a goal of developing an academic culture of data-informed continuous improvement, with a day to be set aside each fall for programs to assure student learning.
- Assurance of Student Learning Next Steps for 2019-2020 PDF
- Assurance of Student Learning Day March 2019 PowerPoint w/Notes (PP)
- Medical Laboratory Science Program Student Learning Outcomes (Made from Scratch!) presentation by Andrea Jensen (PDF)
- Data-Informed Decision Making for Program Continuous Improvement Presentation by Dr. Bob Blankenberger, Public Administration; also
- Toolbox Collection: Assessment of Student Learning Volume 3, Brad Gardner, Ed. (Link)
Course Grading Rubric Examples