Centrally located on Interstates 55 and 72
Springfield Population: 116,250 (2010 Census)
1969 (as Sangamon State University)
Springfield campus of the University of Illinois
5,428 (fall 2016)
National Recognition: US News & World Report America’s Best Colleges has ranked UIS among the top ten public regional universities in the Midwest for ten straight years.
The College of Business and Management is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), a distinction earned by less than 5% of business schools worldwide.
Top six enrolled undergraduate programs:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Graduate programs
Average Annual Estimated Total Cost:
(Fall 2017, undergraduate, per year, full-time, on-campus)
- Tuition: Illinois Resident – $9,405; non-resident – $18,930
- Fees: $3,212
- Housing: (residence hall, meal plan B) – $9,700
- Total Annual Cost (includes tuition, fees, room and board,
books, supplies and parking) Illinois resident – $23,517; non-resident: $33,042
Online Courses and Degrees
- Dozens of online courses offered each semester to online and on-campus students.
- 12 undergraduate and 12 graduate degrees offered entirely online to students who have completed
general education requirements.
- Grants, loans, and student employment are available. Nearly 70
percent of UIS students receive some form of financial aid.
- More than 100 scholarships totaling over $100,000
are available to continuing students each year. Application deadline: Feb. 1.
Real World Experience
Undergraduate students can be placed in internships relevant to their major, most of them paid, in Springfield businesses, non-profit organizations and associations, and in Illinois state government.
- We are a member of the NCAA Division II and the Great Lakes Valley Conference.
- Men’s Sports: baseball, men’s basketball, men’s golf, men’s soccer, men’s cross country, men’s track & field, and men’s tennis.
- Women’s Sports: women’s basketball, women’s soccer, women’s golf, women’s tennis, women’s cross country, women’s track & field, volleyball & softball.
- A wide range of intramural sports and activities are offered as well.
More than 85 Clubs and Organizations