ITS Client Services: Help Desk Survey Results
ITS is dedicated to providing high quality service to the UIS Campus Community, and we regularly seek your input in how we can improve our service and support.
We asked the UIS Campus Community to complete a brief survey to share your thoughts with us about the service and support provided by the Help Desk.
Now that we have reviewed the results we are making them available to you and we would like to let you know what actions we are taking to improve our service and support.
Below are some of the changes we have made based on the results of the survey as well as clarification on services that are already offered:
- How can I check on the status of a Help Desk ticket? I’m not sure if anyone is working on my problem or when I can expect to hear back.
- Go check on the status of your Help Desk ticket, or to re-open a closed ticket, or to add a comment or upload a file to your ticket, go to Service Desk and log in with your NetID and password.
- Sometimes the first person I work with at the Help Desk is unable to resolve my issue.
- Our 1st level of support is manned by well-trained student workers. There will be times when an issue needs to be escalated to 2nd level support. In those cases, the 2nd level support team has created cue cards for the student workers so that they can get all the necessary information to resolve the problem when it is escalated to the next level of support.
- As a student being assigned a project on a specific software, I cannot always get support from the Help Desk.
- I would like to have access to more free software.
- UIS provides Office 365 for free. We also provide Citrix, a virtual desktop environment, with access to software for which UIS has licensing. Computer Science and MIS students have access to software through the Microsoft Azure Development Tools program. Additional information on instructional software available at UIS is available.