Digital signs are now available throughout campus, providing active content about campus events and activities, helpful information about campus services, and much more.
Signs are currently located in UHB, PAC, SLB, HSB, and TRAC.
To submit content to display on the signs, please complete the Sign Content Request Form. Any faculty, staff, or student can submit content.
Content should be submitted at least one week in advance. Content not submitted in a timely manner may be rejected. UIS Campus Relations has the final say on whether content meets the criteria to be displayed on the signs.
Please submit content in one of the following formats:
- Image file (sized 1070 x 776)
- Single slide PowerPoint presentation
- Video (mp4 format), 30 seconds or less
Content not submitted at the appropriate size or in the correct format may be rejected.
The Campus Relations Department has designed a template for easily adding content. You can open this template in Photoshop and edit the text box/images, etc, as desired.
Student Union Digital Video Wall
The University of Illinois Springfield Student Union prominently features a 9-screen video display wall, located outside of the Student Leadership Center.
The video wall is administered and programmed by the University’s Marketing Department. The goal of the video wall is to communicate with students and university employees about campus events and important university and system-level announcements, as well as highlight the achievements of our students, faculty and staff. The wall is also a tool to communicate with external visitors about the university and its mission. Messages, images, videos and events, carefully chosen and displayed on the video wall correlate directly to those goals.
The video wall content loops during Student Union normal business hours, and may operate during special events that fall outside of normal business hours.
UIS faculty, staff and student groups may inquire about displaying an image on the video wall, but requests are considered on an individual basis and UIS Campus Relations has the right to reject the submission for any reason.
Requests can be made to Angela Try, Public Relations Specialist at email@example.com.
UIS student groups that would like to promote an event in a digital format are encouraged to submit information and a high resolution image for the campus relations digital signs, in accordance with these policies. Images must be created in 1920×1080 pixels with 96 DPI. Images stretched to meet those criteria will appear grainy and distorted and will be rejected. Please submit video wall images in the proper size in a .jpg, .psd or Adobe Acrobat format.
Training is available for anyone interested in developing content for the signs. Please contact Kara McElwrath for training.
We encourage those with limited experience with graphic design to take advantage of the templates being designed by the Campus Relations Department. They will allow you to simply drop your content into a pre-designed format.
If you have already created a publication, for example a flyer in Word or Publisher, it needs to be converted to an image format (jpg, for example) and sized to 1070 x 766. Please visit the Media Lab (lower level of Brookens Library) for assistance.
Appropriate content for signage
Examples of appropriate content for the signs includes (but is not limited to):
- Announcements for upcoming campus events/activities that are open to all members of the campus community
- Photographs or short videos showcasing campus events/activities
- Information about campus services or resources
Content that is not allowed
Examples of inappropriate content for the signs includes (but is not limited to):
- Political signs or information, including images promoting campus referendums or candidates for student government
- Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
- Content that is harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
- Content that is defamatory, obscene, or depict violence
- Content that is hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or political beliefs
- Content that is fraudulent or unlawful
- Content that violates any intellectual property rights
Requesting Four Winds Interactive Digital Sign
To request an interactive digital sign for your department please review the following information regarding the costs for acquiring, installing, and maintaining interactive digital signs. If you would like to request one, after reviewing the information, please submit a ticket to the Technology Support Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are two types of cost, the onetime purchase of necessary items and the ongoing yearly cost of licenses and software support.
- ONETIME COSTS
- Hardware: Display/screen/TV this cost will vary based on the size of the screen and whether it is a touch screen or not. The current screens on campus are 46” touch and with the mounting bracket cost $3089 each. The display will need a PC to function on the network and ITS will provide that PC.
- Software: The Content Player license is most economically purchased as a perpetual license, this onetime cost is $1950. This license allows the departments content to be displayed on their screen along with any of the other screens on campus.
- ONGOING COSTS
- There are two ongoing costs associated with the Four Winds Interactive digital signage, the annual subscription fee and the annual software maintenance fee. The two fees total $471 currently, these cost could increase in the future. The subscription fee is $120 and the software maintenance fee is $351.
Total first year cost for department interested in a digital sign would be $5510, the yearly cost after would be $471.
[Note: Prices are subject to change.]