Information Technology Support Associate – Lab Support
Close Date: 05/23/2019
New Applicants: Please create an account on the UIS Job Board. Select the “Apply to Position” button at the bottom of the posting to complete the required forms including the Pre-Approval, which must be submitted before 5:00 pm on the deadline of the posting. Upon approval, complete the remaining forms to apply and be sure to upload any documents noted as required in the posting.
Returning Applicants: Select the “Apply to Position” button at the bottom of the posting, complete the required forms to apply and be sure to upload any documents noted as required in the posting.
To properly evaluate your qualifications for this position, your online application must include a complete employment history detailing duties, education and certifications. Note that a resume cannot substitute for the information required on the official application form. Education requirement will be verified by submitted transcript(s).
College Transcripts and Veteran’s Preference Eligibility: College transcripts and military discharge documentation (DD214, DD215, and NGB22) must be uploaded with the online application. Human Resources will not accept faxed, emailed, or hand delivered documentation to our office.
Application Deadline: 05/23/2019
Transcript Submission Deadline: 06/02/2019 Failure to list or accurately describe work experience, or failure to submit college transcripts may result in an applicant not being admitted to the exam.
For full consideration, applicants must be residents of the State of Illinois.
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.96 per hour
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
UIS is an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer; persons with disabilities, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
UIS employment in this role is not covered by Social Security, and instead, is covered by the State Universities Retirement System.
- You don’t pay Social Security taxes and your earnings won’t be on your Social Security record. (Your record will, however, show your Medicare wages.)
- Your pension from the State Universities Retirement System may affect the amount of your Social Security benefit and Social Security benefit as a spouse.
SPECIAL NOTE OF HOURS FOR THIS POSITION
This position is an evening/weekend position; Saturday-Wednesday. Saturday/Sunday to match Media Lab hours (currently Saturday 10:00 am-6:00 pm; Sunday 2:00 pm-10:00 pm), Monday-Wednesday 4:00 pm-12:00 am.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Information Technology Manager/Administrative Coordinator, under the direction of the Assistance Director of Client Services, to serve as co-coordinator of staffing and services of the ITS labs.
- Supervise and manage the ITS Support Assistants.
- Supervise students, including assign tasks
- Provides direct supervisory oversight, training and operational back up within all aspects of the Client Services Help Desk.
- In conjunction with the daytime student supervisor, assists in hiring/termination of student employees; as well as performs regular evaluations of their progress as student employees.
- Maintains related Support Associate/Lab handbooks and operation manuals.
- Supervise and manage computer lab operations through the scheduling of materials and facilities of ITS labs to meet instructional needs.
- Provides direct technical support for ITS labs and classroom systems and coordinators additional support with internal and external resources.
- Informs and orients faculty, staff, students, and visitors on the functions and operations of departmental support services.
- Participates in the overall coordinator of the Client Services Help Desk as a member of an integrated and mutually supportive team.
- Support of interdepartmental, non-instructional, and outreach initiatives of the department.
- Supports the ITS Management Team in development and delivery of new materials, technologies and related services.
- Assist in departmental cooperation with other campus technology support units.
- Assists in departmental support of Preview Days, orientations, and ECCE events.
- Provides technical and logistical support for classroom and conference center presentations utilizing campus technologies.
- Manages checkout equipment inventory and maintenance, including assisting with surplus.
- Performs inventory duties in between each semester.
- Manages the upgrade and replacement of equipment as needed.
- Makes recommendations for additional equipment to be added.
- Assists with preparing equipment for surplus.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is an evening/weekend position; Saturday-Wednesday. Saturday/Sunday to match Media Lab hours (currently Saturday 10:00 am-6:00 pm; Sunday 2:00 pm-10:00 pm), Monday-Wednesday 4:00 pm-12:00 am.Work is primarily performed in an office setting, with regular occasions of walking to other classrooms, labs, and/or offices on campus to maintain equipment and provide instruction and support. Candidates should be able to lift and transport computer equipment. Applicants must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally and 10 – 20 pounds routinely.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications
Credentials to be Verified
- High School Graduation or equivalent
- Any combination totaling one year from the following categories: progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession college course work which included Information Technology (IT), or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one year
- Work experience in a higher education Information Technology (IT) environment
Note: As required by the position to be filled, additional education, training and/or work experience in an area of specialization inherent in the position may be necessary in meeting credential requirements.
- Basic knowledge and support skills for Mac and Windows OS.
- Motivated self-starter with superior interpersonal, organizational, analytical and supervisory skills.