The Third House: State Lobbying Essentials 2018
The Third House: State Lobbying Essentials is a day-long seminar on how to lobby the Illinois General Assembly effectively. Participants will receive vital information on practical lobbying skills and resources, advanced strategies and tactics, state budget insights and considerations, and the role of elections and campaigns in the legislative process from various experienced and successful lobbyists and senior administrative officials.
- Katie Anselment, Eastern Illinois University
- Sarah Brune, Illinois Campaign for Political Reform
- John Charles, Southern Illinois University
- Jennifer Creasey, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Jeanette Malafa, Western Illinois University
- Dawn Melchiorre, Forefront
- Bobby Otter, Center for Tax and Budget Accountability
- James Walter Reed, Jr., Illinois Education Association
- José Sanchez, Better Government Association
- State Representative Sara Wojcicki Jimenez, 99th District
This event has been cancelled.
Thursday, January 25, 2018, 8:30 am – 4 pm
University of Illinois Springfield
Public Affairs Center, Conference Room C/D
2200 Ernest Hemingway Drive
Springfield, IL 62703
Cost of attendance
Please note: There is a $5.00 transaction fee for credit card registrations.
Continental breakfast, lunch (buffet), and afternoon refreshments included in registration fee.
Who Should Attend?
Government Affairs Representatives
Members of the Media
Not-for-Profit Advocates and Executives
State and local government officials and employees
What Will You Learn?
Practical Lobbying Skills
Lobbying Ethics and Regulations
Advanced Strategies and Tactics
State Budget Concerns and Considerations
Impact of Elections and Campaigns