Samuel K. Gove Hall of Fame
Next Induction 2019
In 1990, Illinois Issues, the state’s leading public affairs magazine, established the Samule K. Gove Illinois Legislative Intern Hall of Fame honoring former legislative interns whose careers have exemplified distinguished public service. Responsibility for the Hall of Fame was transferred over to the Center for State Policy and Leadership beginning in 2015.
The first eleven members of the Hall of Fame were inducted in 1990. Additional outstanding former interns were inducted in the odd numbered years beginning in 1993. An additional four interns will be inducted in 2019.
Former interns become eligible for the Hall of Fame ten years after serving as interns.
Mark Denzler, Marcilene Dutton, DeShana L. Forney, David A. Joens.
- 2015 Inductees: Donovan Pepper, Senator Julie Morrison, Becky Patton, Phil Lackman, and Tim Nuding.
- 2013 Inductees: Cheri L. Bustos, Scott L. Kaiser, Mona B. Martin, Scott A. Reimers, and David A. Sykuta.
- 2011 Inductees: David E. Kennedy, Bruce C. Kinnett, Michael C. Maibach, Catherine M. Shannon, and Frank Straus.
- 2009 Inductees: John Day, Claire Eberle, Stephen Pacey, Lee Schwartz, and Gretchen Winter.
- 2007 Inductees: Rodger Heaton, Vicki Thomas, and Thomas Wagner
- 2005 Inductees: Richard E. Dunn, Neil F. Flynn, Terry A. Scrogum, Debra K. Smitley, and Clive M. Topol.
- 2003 Inductees: David A. Epstein, Brian McFadden, Peg Laird Mosgers, and Judith A. Redick
- 2001 Inductees: Terri L. Coombes, Brenda J. Holmes, James C. Jepsen, Richard W. Larison, and David W. Olien
- 1999 Inductees: Kurt M. Granberg, John R. Headrick, Robert H. Newtson, and Marcia E. Thompson
- 1997 Inductees: Kurt R. DeWeese, Michael P. Duncan, William S. Hanley, and Lori Spear Montana
- 1995 Inductees: Prescott E. Bloom, Timothy R. Campbell, Allen D. Grosboll, and Linda M. Wheeler
- 1993 Inductees: Kirk W. Dillard, Lawrence N. Hansen, H. Carter Hendren, and Linda K. Kingman
- 1990 Inductees: Wayne R. Andersen, Terry L. Bruce, Richard J. Carlson, Richard W. Carlson, Jim Edgar, James L. Fletcher, William G. Holland, Douglas N. Kane, M. Veronica Lynch, Sylvia Davis Thompson, and Paul L. Williams.