Lorena Johnson, M.A., M.P.A., Program Director
Lorena Johnson is the Program Director for the Certified Public Manager Program of Illinois a nationally accredited professional development program for Illinois public managers located at the University of Illinois-Springfield. Ms. Johnson is an educator in the field of diversity education and professional development. She designed and developed a nationally recognized diversity education professional development program for K-12 teachers, community college and university administrators, faculty and staff and presented the seven part workshop series in over 50 institutions in the State of Illinois and nationally. Johnson’s areas of focus include art-centered diversity education in teaching and learning, intercultural competence, culturally inclusive instructional design and curriculum development.
- Art-Centered Diversity Education in Teaching and Learning. Multicultural Education. Summer 2002
- Art-Centered Approach to Diversity Education in Teaching and Learning (PDF)
- Ensuring a Culturally Competent Workforce: A Professional Development Training Model for Leadership Development in the Public Sector of the 21st Century. The Third Transatlantic Dialogue. June 2007.
- The Development of the Certified Public Manager Program of Illinois: A Parallel Process (PDF)
- The Certified Public Manager Program of Illinois. CPMconnection. Volume 3 Issue 4 December 2006
God The Mother: A Creation Story – Alexander, Kathya and Johnson, Lorena, S. JAE Publications. 1997 Waukegan, IL