Performance Evaluation Program
The Performance Evaluation process at UIS is designed to encourage communication between employees and their supervisors. The program focuses on year-round coaching by supervisors, culminating in a formal annual evaluation.
- Evaluations are required for all current AP and CS employees, including those hired during the evaluation period. In the event that the Annual Performance Evaluation is completed in conjunction with the Annual Evaluation, please be sure to mark the appropriate boxes on the Annual Evaluation Form at the top.
- The evaluation period is April 1 through March 31. Completed and signed Employee Performance Evaluation forms are due in the Office of Human Resources on or before June 5, 2017. Timely return of these documents is required by the State University Civil Service System and University policy.
- Employee self evaluation forms are highly encouraged and recommended. Self-evaluation forms should be submitted to the immediate supervisor for interdepartmental use only.
- A signed position description is required for this cycle. Please be sure to carefully check all documents for your employee to ensure that the position title, position number, and job duties are accurate.
- Performance reviews for Faculty, Academic Professional, and Open Range Civil Service staff are a factor in determining employee compensation under University policies related to merit-based salary programs.
For Employees & Supervisors:
- UIS Performance Evaluation Form 2017 (for Supervisors)
- UIS Performance Self Evaluation Form 2017 ( for Employees)
- 3 and 6 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2017 (3 and 6 month form)
- 12 Month Probationary Employee Evaluation 2017(6 and 12 month form)
- Evaluation Instructions Checklist 2017
- Official Job Description forms (be sure to include current date)
- Optional Employee Worksheet 2017
- UIS Performance Evaluation Handbook
- UIS-Performance-Evaluation-Powerpoint 2017