New Employee Orientation Resources
New Employee Resources
People make the place at the University of Illinois Springfield (UIS). We are delighted you have accepted a position with our campus. We know beginning a new job can be a complex process, and we are here to facilitate your transition. Please view the following resources we hope you find helpful. If you ever have a question, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources and a member of our staff will be happy to assist you.
- Mission Statement – The University of Illinois Springfield provides an intellectually rich, collaborative, and intimate learning environment for students, faculty, and staff, while serving local, regional, state, national, and international communities.
- UIS Homepage – News room info., UIS calendar of events, and much more.
- SSU/ UIS History – Learn about the history of our institution.
- Payroll – Payroll, tax information, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Benefits – Benefit Programs, change your benefits, and more.
- Campus Safety – Stay safe on campus.
- Dining on Campus – Menus, Nutrition information, Facilities.
- Cox Children’s Center – We offer licensed and accredited childcare.
- Recreation and Fitness – Basketball, racquetball, weights, indoor track…the list goes on. Check it out!
- Employee Discounts and Perks (i-Card) – Learn the many uses and area discounts from phones to pizza your ID card offers.
- UIS Bookstore – We have more than books!
- UIS Library – Use your I-card to check out books and more.
- Campus Maps/ Parking – Directions, maps and tours.
- Health and Wellness – Professional health care, preventative services and resources for your physical, mental and emotional health.
- State University Retirement System – Read about your retirement options, newsletters, events and more.
- Policy and Web Apps – Make updates online to your employee account, access time sheets, job resources, University policies and procedures and many more useful links.
- Rising Stars Program – Overview – You are now a STAR! Find information about our welcome program.