Labor and Employee Relations
Collective Bargaining Agreements
The University of Illinois Springfield recognizes the unions below as the exclusive bargaining agent for the employees covered under their respective Agreements.
- AFSCME (pdf) – Grounds Crew
- FOP (pdf) – Police Officers/Sergeants
- IATSE (pdf) – Stagehands
- OP Engineers (pdf) – Steam and Power Plant
- UPI Association of Graduate Employees (pdf) – Graduate and Teaching Assistants
- UPI Clerical (pdf) – Office Support personnel
- UPI Service (pdf) – Food Service and Building Service
- UPI Technical (pdf) – Television and Radio personnel
The University of Illinois Springfield believes in promoting a positive work environment for all employees. As such, when an employee alleges that the University has violated the terms and conditions of employment contained in their respective bargaining agreement (i.e., committed a grievance), we encourage our supervisors and employees to attempt to resolve the matter between them. The University also understands that not all grievances can be resolved between the employee and supervisor. Therefore, each of the collective bargaining agreements contains a grievance procedure that must be followed when an employee files a grievance. Please reference the respective collective bargaining agreement for specific provisions of the grievance procedure.
- Mark Owens
Assistant Director Labor and Employee Relations