Labor and Employee Relations
- Information regarding discipline for employees not covered by the PPP may be found in their respective collective bargaining agreement.
Collective Bargaining Agreements
The University of Illinois Springfield recognizes the unions below as the exclusive bargaining agent for the employees covered under their respective Agreements.
- AFSCME (pdf) – Grounds Crew
- FOP (pdf) – Police Officers/Sergeants eff. 2019
- IATSE (pdf) – Stagehands
- OP Engineers(pdf) – Steam and Power Plant
- UPI Association of Graduate Employees (pdf) – Graduate and Teaching Assistants
- UPI Clerical 2018 to 2021 (pdf) – Office Support personnel
- UPI Service 2018 to 2021 (pdf) – Food Service and Building Service
- UPI Technical 2018 to 2021 (pdf) – Television and Radio personnel
- UPI United Faculty (pdf) – Faculty
The University of Illinois Springfield believes in promoting a positive work environment for all employees. As such, when an employee alleges that the University has violated the terms and conditions of employment contained in their respective bargaining agreement (i.e., committed a grievance), we encourage our supervisors and employees to attempt to resolve the matter between them. The University also understands that not all grievances can be resolved between the employee and supervisor. Therefore, each of the collective bargaining agreements contains a grievance procedure that must be followed when an employee files a grievance. Please reference the respective collective bargaining agreement for specific provisions of the grievance procedure.