Employee Benefits and Leave
- UIS has a COVID-19 information website! Visit https://www.uis.edu/covid-19/ to learn more.
- Information on COVID-19 Related Absences for Faculty and Staff
- FFCRA Leave Forms
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voting Leave: Primary Election
- Voting Leave: General or Special Election
The University of Illinois Springfield offers a wide variety of benefits for faculty and staff.
Employees can choose from a number of competitive health insurance plans, a dental plan, flexible spending plans, several types of term life insurance, long term disability insurance, supplemental investment programs and additional optional offerings. Employees and their children may also be eligible for tuition waivers.
In addition to the benefits mentioned above, UIS provides sick time, shared benefits leave, vacation time, floating holidays, several paid holidays and other opportunities to take time away from work when necessary.
Employees are also protected by a university-funded workers’ compensation program.
If you have any questions about applying for a leave, please contact:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Investment Accounts
- Supplemental Long Term Disability Insurance
- State Universities Retirement System (SURS)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Holiday Schedule FY2022
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Victims Economic Security and Safety Leave (VESSA)
- Military Leave
- Leave of Absence
- Shared Benefits Program
Related Articles & Announcements
- Employee Discounts
- Know Your U
- Vacation and Sick Leave Payout Options for Separating Employees
- Terminal Vacation & Benefits
- Tuition Waivers
- University Family Medical Leave
- QuitLine Referral Form -American Lung Association